Sunday, October 28, 2007

Jessica


This weekend my friend Jessica visited. Jessica was the first real friend I met in America and we worked out that we've now known each other for over 10 years. We met working at Dough Roller, a very sophisticated pizza place, in Ocean City MD and have been friends since. We traveled to Thailand together, which was my first taste of the Far East. It was really nice to see an old friend who knows me well (I think the old me is kind of different from me now - BUT then kind of exactly the same:)

On Saturday we did a rebounding class at the gym, which is a crazy aerobics class on a little trampoline. Lots of the girls looked really fit. Jessica and I looked like a couple of 2 year olds, flopping around! It was fun though. Then we went to Short Hills Mall. My first time shopping since the Spring. As a rule I don't think walking round a mall looking for things I want is a very productive way to spend my time (or money when I should be saving for Mexico) and I absolutely get what the Dali Lama says about needing possessions being one of the main causes of human unhappiness BUT there is something delicious about spending $60 on a tub of moisturiser which smells good enough to eat!

For dinner we went to O Neale's - where, within 10 minutes someone commented on how great my new body lotion smelled - yes a truly wise purchase! I have discovered that they make really good fresh Margaritas. We left early and came back to my apartment to look through old albums and talk about old times - when we would have been out partying, rather than talking in our Jim Jams.

Oh and the reason we look so miserable in that picture is that we had spent all night trying to take a picture where we both looked nice. Obviously there was something terribly wrong with my camera this evening...

No comments: