Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008/9

Here I am sitting at my computer thinking about the New Year and its Christmas Eve tomorrow:)

We had a last yoga class for 2008 last night and Selene suggested that over the holidays we sit and write down a list of the bad things in our life from 2008. For for me these are mostly to do with negative thoughts and feelings - insecurities/ self doubts. I made a pretty specific list.

She then suggests that we go to a quiet place and read this list and make a conscious decision to say goodbye to those negative patterns - I think I'm going to find a nice quiet area of beach and burn my list and perhaps tell those feelings I have no time for them any more - if I'm going to be talking to myself it will have to be a pretty quiet area of beach!

Then we are to put together a list of things we'd like in our lives in 2009. My dreams for 2009 are pretty simple. I'm going to meditate on that list, in the sun and then again try to manifest those wishes by saying them out loud. I guess praying is what I'll be doing.

This has been a pretty mad year for me. I feel very contented since I moved to Cozumel - but I still think I have a lot of fucked-up-ness to let go of. 2009 will be an interesting year.

I think I'm going to take a day between Christmas and New Year to go to the beach and meditate on throwing out the old and being brave enough to press ahead with the new, because I have friends in town over New years and I think things will be pretty hectic.

No comments: