Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goodbye to 2009 and looking forward to 2010

I had a dream last night that I was walking down Beaconsfield Road in Low Fell (the town where I grew up in England). I passed a stone built house and heard the sounds of Trumpton (a 70's children's TV show) drifting out of a window and saw my grandmother across the street waving to me. All was warm and well. I woke up this morning with the same warm secure feeling.
I have travelled a lot in my life and lived in many places. I have had a whole host of life experiences, many of which left me feeling exposed and a little depressed - the world had never really lived up to my expectations, despite my efforts to experience all it had to offer. But 2009 was a year that changed all of that. They say that women really come into their own in their 30's. Well life has really come together for me. Having made the decision to get out of my crazy life in New York, 2009 saw me really settle into Cozumel. I almost don't remember the last time I felt stressed or worried. Yoga and Selene of Yoga Shakti, have really helped me find this relative state of peace. I have a wonderful job diving everyday and the ocean really soothes my soul. I find that I spend less time berating myself for my faults and weaknesses and more time just enjoying myself. Less nightmares and more good dreams.
Most of all, after years of searching, I have found a wonderful man. They say 'you have to kiss an awful lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince' and my goodness did this ring true for me. I never really understood the saying but for me it could be translated to 'you have to be treated like crap by a bunch of men before you grow up and start looking for a good person rather than base your selection on a cute smile or nice blue eyes - ignoring the obvious signs of alcoholism, arrogance or plain old nastiness (froginess)'. My friend Allie told me my picker was broken - and its seems moving to Mexico fixed my picker and I have finally been able to pick a good one! My fiance is a very loving person and most importantly makes me feel really secure and happy. He is also the most handsome man I can think of.
We started to build our house this year, on the Island. 2010 should see at least the first floor finished. I'm going to put regular posts on my blog as the house starts taking shape.
2009 has been a really good year, the only blemish is that I do miss family and friends in England and America.
I used to spend most of my time 'looking forward' to things, but right now I just feel happy where I am. As usual though, I do have a few goals nutritionally for 2010, and of course am looking forward to getting married in April.
So to all - I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2010 is the year that everything falls into place for you, and that only good things come your way.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

Do you still cave dive or only dive for work?

Anna said...

I've not been cave diving for a while. Mostly because I don't really have a buddy - its also a big hassle to get my gear to the mainland. Finally I enjoy cave diving but thinking of having a family has made me more conscious about the dangers. I'm just not sure the payoff equals the cost with caves for me.