Thursday, July 3, 2008

This weeks tunes....

Since I bought my ipod just over a year ago I am constantly listening to music. I've mentioned that I am getting huge hording urges in relation to things that I'm worried I wont be able to get in Mexico. The same applies to my music collection - so I have been downloading songs like crazy so that I don't find myself in a position where I can never listen to them ever again (hey you never know right?). Anyway I thought I'd share my songs of the week. The first is 'Deception' by BLACKALICIOUS. Stu sent me this song on a tape years ago and I got round to asking him who it was by last week. I have since listened to it over and over on my way to work - it puts a bounce in my stride:

Favorite lyrics: "Ego blown like his soul had been ab-ducted. Though his heart was once real, now material has filled, up his world and he couldn't get enough of it...Now the moral of the story is that some go; Why would money make the inner vision crumble? So if you're blessed with the talent, utilize it to the fullest, be true to yourself and stay humble"

Jose's girlfriend introduced me to Belle and Sebastian and 'Expectations' also makes me feel sunny on the way to work:

Favorite lyrics: "you've got to make the bastard think he's right"

Having just re-watched "How to loose a guy on 10 days" I downloaded Carly Simon "Your so Vein" - I know some of these guys...

Favorite lyrics "I had some dreams.. there were clouds in my coffee". Don't ask me why - I just think its a nice metaphor.

And my favorite all time summer song - 'Doin time' Subllime:

No comments: