Saturday, May 10, 2008

Goodbye...

The goodbyes are starting. The first has been to my cleaner Gina. Gina is wonderful. She cleaned for Catherine for years and then when Cat stayed with me between apartments she had her in to clean my place (I don't have a clue why Cat thought this was necessary). Anyway from that point on I was hooked. Not only is Gina an awesome cleaner but she's also incredibly honest and kind of heart. I have to say having a cleaner is the closest thing I get to being mothered. Gina changes my bed for me and leaves me little notes telling me what cleaning products I need and they always end in something motherly like 'God Bless'. Also she finds earrings I thought I'd lost and puts them in nice little neat piles. Still she was on the list of things that had to go if I'm to make my Mexico saving target (along with Cable).

This was her goodbye note: "Hey Ann [OK so she doesn't know my name - I know she still loves me] how are you doing? Just want to say I wish you good luck with your new place and new life, thank you for having me here. I will miss you take care god bless".

I know I'm affection deprived BUT I will miss Gina, and her lovely apartment cleaning skills. Tonight I am going for dinner to Cat's house. Again possibly for the last time and definitely for the last time with just me and Cat ordering Sushi, drinking wine and hanging out pondering life, gossiping etc...

No comments: