Friday, August 15, 2008

Muge's House


Last night Muge, a very good friend from work, invited me to her house for dinner. She lives in Port Washington, Long Island. Muge (pronounced Mu-Gay) moved here from Turkey more than 5 years ago and we've known each other for pretty much all of that time. She worked for the Chalos Law firm and then decided to move to the American Club. We took the LI railroad and arrived at around 6.30. Port Washington is nice and the couple Muge rents a room from (Barbara and Michael) are really cool. Both semi retired from the film industry. Just the kind of couple I can hear my mother asking me to introduce to her as pen pals. We talked with Barbara and Michael for an hour or so then Muge took me out for Sushi. I'll miss Muge a lot, she's been a good friend to me in New York. I slept fitfully in a strange bed and woke up early to check my e-mails and add to my to do list. I had to laugh on the way into the city because Muge settled down to read an article about Obama and his wife in the New Yorker magazine, while I set about watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on my i-pod. Obviously Muge still has a long way to go in terms of maturing intellectually:)

No comments: