Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Stretch....

The big mental obstacles are now over. I've made my decision and am really looking forward to getting to Mexico. This afternoon I looked at my desk diary. Only 3 weeks to pack. Now this may seem like a lot of time - three whole weeks right??? Well not when you consider that the 4 weekends which are included in that will be spent, teaching scuba (2 weekends) and a final weekend at my beach house, with only the weekend before I leave somewhat free. I have a party to go to on the 24th, in the afternoon but the Saturday is essentially free. I also have to spend time planning for the rescue class I'm teaching next weekend and have lots of dinners with friends before I leave. The up shot is not very many free nights at all. I certainly do not have much time to waste being tired. This is a problem, because all of these farewells invariably will include alcohol and these days even two glasses has a tendency to make me groggy the next day.

In a bit of a panic I went to buy boxes tonight. Of course everywhere that sell boxes in Hoboken closes at 6pm. Buggar!! So I looked online and hope to be able to get boxes tomorrow in Bethlehem. I need to get moving. I have tons of clothes which will need to be given away, things to be thrown out. A little bit when I can I guess. Slow but sure - but kind of fast!!! The other thing I need to do is rent a truck from U-hall to move my stuff on August 25. Jose and Fernando have kindly offered to help me which means I will not have to spend the $800 on movers that I almost had to. I also need to find out what I need to do to get the utilities in my apartment cut off.

What I need is a lot of lists...... I have started a notebook full of things to do over the next few weeks.

No comments: